Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Camping Sites

Discussion of camping and road-accessible campgrounds in and near Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Camping Sites

Postby camping lady » Tue May 11, 2010 7:41 am

Why does the reservations say can fit a trailer for 27 foot but then it has alert for 18 food only, any ideas?
camping lady

Postby Wickett » Tue May 11, 2010 11:03 am

Some of the sites have trees and other obstacles. I normally stay in a site that says trailer length 18 but I comfortably put my 24' trailer and truck on the pad with no issues. That is this one specific site though, it does not apply to all of them. You need to see if your trailer will fit. If you get there and your trailer does not fit it will be your fault as they said 18ft.

I saw someone complaining that their equipment did not fit. They cited the length listed on the campsite details and told the people too bad.

Do a little research before you try and stuff your trailer in. :D

Which site do you have and what is the length of your equipment, I will take a look if I make it up there before you go.
Wickett
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby hotrod4x5 » Tue May 11, 2010 11:18 am

Ever since the camping reservations switched to the new system, the site descriptions are completely innaccurate. I have the old text files of the actual pad length and some of the sites I like to use in Upper Pines, easily fit my 30 ft 5th wheel and truck, but the website says no way.

If you are unfamiliar with the sites, you almost have to go there and see for yourself. If you go to yosemitecampsites dot com you can see photos of all the sites.

That is the main reason I no longer take my 5th wheel up in the high season. I go from Oct to March when I can drive in and select the site I want. This has worked well for me that last few years.
hotrod4x5
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby CA Cowgirl » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:55 pm

You need to go for a dry run. We went on Halloween last year. I printed out the 3 campground maps and we walked all of them. Our 5thwheel is 29ft. Out of say some 300-400 spots we could maybe fit in around 14 of them. So take a day trip. Stay at the Lodge and have a nice dinner and go home the next day. We loved it. Very cold though. I don't know how tent campers survived the 32 degrees.
CA Cowgirl

Return to Yosemite Campgrounds