Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

October, FC/FS CGs? Questions

Discussion of camping and road-accessible campgrounds in and near Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

October, FC/FS CGs? Questions

Postby hotrod4x5 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:46 am

I usually take my 5th wheel trailer to Lee Vining Columbus weekend. But the price of gas would double or triple the cost vs a tent and using our econobox car.

So we are looking at tenting it. The dates are Oct 8 (Friday) to Oct 11th (Monday). According to the site, http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/campground.htm we'll have our choice of Tamarack Flat, Porcupine Flat which close Oct 15 and take our chances with FC/FS or make a reservation at Hodgdon Meadows which has lots of sites available.

But what about Bridalveil and Yosemite Ck? The site says closing date is TBD. Does anyone know when they usually close?

I've never stayed up on the Tioga Rd, so that is an attractive option. I wish TM was going to be open, but no luck.

Anyway, I am rambling a bit. Questions:

1. When does Yosemite Ck and Bridalveil usually close?

2. Has anyone ever gone on Columbus weekend to Porcupine or Tamarack, and gotten a site on Friday AM?

3. What are our chances of getting a site in one of those two campgrounds Friday if we arrive around Noon? Do we need to get there earlier?
hotrod4x5
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby hotrod4x5 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:44 pm

Anybody? Bueller?
hotrod4x5
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Campgrounds