Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Yosemite Campsites

Discussion of camping and road-accessible campgrounds in and near Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Yosemite Campsites

Postby dan » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:18 pm

Author: Rebecca (---.san.res.rr.com)
Date: 08-09-05 21:18

I was wondering if anyone would have any suggestions for campsites in Yosemite? I have an Irish friend coming into town and so i wanted to take him to the best spot, somewhere not crowded, but beautiful and close to all of the action. Any suggestions? But i have to make reservations quickly because she is coming in mid september!! Thanks.

Re: Campsites
Author: Dan Anderson (---.west.biz.rr.com)
Date: 08-21-05 17:52

Campgrounds outside the Valley start to close early or mid-September. They are quite and isolated, but primitive and away from the action.

Campgrounds inside the Valley are crowded in Summer, but less so after Labor Day, so I recommend making a reservation in one of the Pines campgrounds. A unofficial webpage lists what reservations are still available:

YosemiteSites.com http://www.yosemitesites.com/

The official Park Service camping page, including estimated closing dates for campgrounds, is at:

http://www.nps.gov/yose/trip/camping.htm
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Campgrounds