Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Planning Camping in October

Discussion of camping and road-accessible campgrounds in and near Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Planning Camping in October

Postby kuroneko1313 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:51 pm

Hello,
This is going to be my first time booking and going camping in Yosemite. I want to book in late September/early October.

I have several questions; what would be the disadvantages in going camping this late? Is the weather going to be much worse; is there anything that we won't be able to see as earlier in the year?

Could we park our cars near the tent site, or do we have to park faraway?

I've been looking over how many people or how many tents we can put up in the campsite.. could anyone please tell me what the maximum tents/people for Upper or Lower Pine?

I missed the reservation on 4/15 and going to try again on 5/15.... wish me luck

Thanks!
kuroneko1313

Postby Wickett » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:10 am

The falls will be lower during that time of year but the Valley isn't as crowded so you can have a little bit of peace. Rock climbers are all over the big walls this time of year so take time with some binoculars if you like that stuff.

Weather is normally fine but it's the weather...

You can only have 6 people per site unless you have a double site. If you have a tent city set up they will check how many people you have.

There is a parking pad at the site.

Good luck!
Wickett
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby kuroneko1313 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:33 pm

Thanks Wickett appreciate it!!

Yearh wish me luck... I'm gonna try to get my sleepyhead boyfriend to wake up at 7 am... hopefully...
kuroneko1313

Return to Yosemite Campgrounds