Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Trade/Swap - July 31-August 4 - Upper Pines

Discussion of camping and road-accessible campgrounds in and near Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Trade/Swap - July 31-August 4 - Upper Pines

Postby TrailerDad » Fri May 13, 2011 12:19 am

I've got Upper Pines, July 31-August 4, a tent only spot. I need a spot for my pop-up trailer. I'll swap for same dates, or similar. Upper, Lower, North, I'm good. I just want to be able to bring my pop-up trailer. Help?
TrailerDad

Re: Trade/Swap - July 31-August 4 - Upper Pines

Postby Wickett » Sun May 15, 2011 2:14 pm

If you have a site your pop up trailer should fit. Each site has a paved parking pad and I don't think pop ups get too big. Some of the sites have a tight turn to get into or have smaller pads. You might have to park your car at Curry. http://yosemitecampsites.com/ has good pictures of the campsites, that way you can get an idea of the tree locations and such. I have not come across a site that I haven't been able to get my 24' trailer into, a few times I had to get creative but I got it in. I will be there on the 22nd if you want me to take a look at your site and give you my opinion, PM me the site # and campground.
Wickett
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby TrailerDad » Sun May 15, 2011 4:22 pm

If you have a site your pop up trailer should fit. Each site has a paved parking pad and I don't think pop ups get too big.

It's Upper Pines, site #225 and the listing says a max trailer length of 12' Mine is 16.7 before I open it up. I don't want to get there and not be able to set it up.
TrailerDad

Postby Wickett » Tue May 17, 2011 6:45 pm

I have fit my 24' travel trailer and truck in sites with 18' limits. I am going up Sunday and I will take a personal look. I doubt that you will find anyone to trade with that is why I want to make sure you can fit.

The description says 18' for the equipment length so if all else fails your trailer will fit, you will just have to put your car in the nearby Curry parking lot. The only thing that would stop you is if a tree of boulder is blocking you from getting into the site. Looking at the pictures I would go for it, but I will check it out and let you know.
Wickett
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby TrailerDad » Wed May 18, 2011 10:37 am

Wickett wrote:I have fit my 24' travel trailer and truck in sites with 18' limits. I am going up Sunday and I will take a personal look. I doubt that you will find anyone to trade with that is why I want to make sure you can fit.

Thanks Wickett, I appreciate the advice, and look forward to your report.
TrailerDad

Postby Wickett » Mon May 30, 2011 5:58 pm

I looked at all of the sites on that loop while I was there, including 225. In my opinion all of them would fit your pop up trailer. The issue comes as to where to put your vehicle. That whole loop has a buffer from the camp sites and the paved portion of the road and that is where everyone was putting their vehicles. So essentially once your trailer is put in place you will need to put your vehicle perpendicular in front of your trailer. If it was me I would have no hesitation as to putting my 24' in site 225.
Wickett
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby TrailerDad » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:35 am

Wickett wrote:I looked at all of the sites on that loop while I was there, including 225. If it was me I would have no hesitation as to putting my 24' in site 225.

Okay then. Thanks for the info Wickett! That's great news. I was hoping it would work out like that! I'll post some photos on how it all turns out.

I guess worse comes to worse, I'll bring my tents and some sleeping pads just in case.
TrailerDad

Return to Yosemite Campgrounds