Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Sharing a camp site at Upper Pines July 13th

Discussion of camping and road-accessible campgrounds in and near Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Sharing a camp site at Upper Pines July 13th

Postby goldbug » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:41 pm

Would anyone being willing to share a campsite at Upper Pines Campground. My 3 sons have permits to climb Half Dome on July 14th but don't have a place to stay in the valley. My one son hurt his back and will not be doing the climb so they will have 2 extra permits for July 14th. They will reimburse you the $20 for the campsite if you let them pitch their tent at your site and give you the 2 extra permits if you would like to join the hike.
They would need to stay the night of July 13th and possibly the 14th after the hike if available. Email me at rhp62@webtv.net.
goldbug
First-timer
First-timer

Re: Sharing a camp site at Upper Pines July 13th

Postby Wickett » Sat May 05, 2012 4:42 pm

If they have time they can try for a spot in camp 4. It is first come first serve only, there are several threads on here on how to get a spot (sleep in line). Also, any of the pines campgrounds would suffice for sharing, they are all located together near the trail head for Half Dome. Hope it works out for them!
Wickett
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Campgrounds