Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Maximum Numbers of Tent in Upper Pines

Discussion of camping and road-accessible campgrounds in and near Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Maximum Numbers of Tent in Upper Pines

Postby kuroneko1313 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:19 pm

Hello,

I booked a campsite in Upper Pines for mid September. Looking at the reservation page, we just realized that the maximum numbers of tent is only 2, which will not be enough for 6 of us. I called the reservation hotline and it was confirmed that they only allow 2 tents in the campsite.

Has anyone tried putting more than 2 tents before? Are the two tents allowed are the bigger tents that supposed to fit for more than 2 people? Is that okay if we are using 3 smaller tents?

Thanks, greatly appreciate your help.

-Elisabeth
kuroneko1313

Re: Maximum Numbers of Tent in Upper Pines

Postby dan » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:41 pm

My understanding is there is no tent limit. The real limit is number of people, 6, and number of cars, 2.

Generic reservation websites may throw in a tent limit or something, but I have never seen a specific Yosemite National Park limit on tent counts.

If you're really worried, why not just rent/borrow a bigger tent? Yes, you can have a bigger tent.
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby kuroneko1313 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:52 am

Yes I think it just doesn't make any sense that only 2 tents are allowed, especially for some people who don't like to share their tents with others...
kuroneko1313

Postby AlmostThere » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:03 am

I've run into max tent restrictions before, but not in national parks. It's 6 people per site.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby cjminott » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:50 pm

The only restriction is 6 people, and you MUST use what you reserve. Ie, if you reserved for tent you have to use tents, if you reserved for RV/Trailer you have to use RV/Trailer.
cjminott
First-timer
First-timer

Return to Yosemite Campgrounds