Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Wanted: One Campsite in June in the big Y

Discussion of camping and road-accessible campgrounds in and near Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Wanted: One Campsite in June in the big Y

Postby Ladyinc3 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:04 am

I couldn't get reservation for this summer...it was a nightmare.... Does anyone know where I can get a reservation...i've been checking rec.gov practically everyday with no luck. I am looking to get 1 campsite reservation for Yosemite during the week of June 18 through June 22. I would like 4 nights -any location in the Valley during that time frame works fine.

I prefer 1 HOUSEKEEPING site, but they're booked too. This will be our 1 st family camping trip, any help/advice would be appreciated.

email:ladyinc3@aol.com
Ladyinc3
First-timer
First-timer

Re: Wanted: One Campsite in June in the big Y

Postby AlmostThere » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:34 pm

Just keep checking the website. I've gotten cancelled sites a week before we went.

PLEASE DO NOT support scalpers who hog up campsites and sell them for big bucks. If any exist any more. The new policy requiring showing an ID when you check in hopefully at least puts a damper on their illegal activities.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Re: Wanted: One Campsite in June in the big Y

Postby dan » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:16 pm

For regular campsites (not housekeeping) you need to reserve the MORNING the sites open up--that is at the exact time (don't know the exact time and I don't want to give wrong information).

Look at yosemitesites.com for reservation status. It's all taken June-August.

Your best hope is to keep on checking for cancellations. That happens as you get closer. Same with housekeeping.

Housekeeping units are reserved through YPCC. I think they open up a year and a day ahead of time, so you need to reserve way in advance. I would keep on checking for those too, especially as the dates get closer. Be flexible. Good luck.
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Campgrounds