Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

camping in RV spot

Discussion of camping and road-accessible campgrounds in and near Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

camping in RV spot

Postby mle8281 » Fri May 29, 2015 2:14 pm

I reserved an RV NONELECTRIC site in North Pines this summer. However, the member of our party with the RV is unable to make the trip. Can we tent camp in our reserved RV spot?
mle8281
First-timer
First-timer

Re: camping in RV spot

Postby dan » Sat May 30, 2015 2:42 pm

From the NPS Yosemite Camping FAQ
http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/campingfaq.htm

I made a reservation for an RV nonelectric campsite but only have a tent. Can I still use the campsite?

Some campsites are listed on recreation.gov as "RV nonelectric." This means the campsite is best suited for RVs and trailers. While you aren't required to use an RV in one of these campsites, they are listed as RV only because they generally do not have adequate or level space to pitch a tent. If you arrive and find that the campsite doesn't work for you and/or your tent, we will not be able to move you to a different campsite. You should always read the site alerts and book a site that is appropriate for the equipment you will be camping in. If you have questions about a specific campsite, you can call the campground office at the phone number listed in your reservation.
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Campgrounds