Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Reservation for High Sierra Campgrounds?

Discussion of camping and road-accessible campgrounds in and near Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Reservation for High Sierra Campgrounds?

Postby Alchemist » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:01 pm

Hello! Does anyone know if I need to make a reservation if I want to stay at one of the High Sierra Campgrounds?
Thank you!
Alchemist
Regular
Regular

Re: Reservation for High Sierra Campgrounds?

Postby justkeepexploring » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:46 pm

Sure do, its a lottery system and really hard to get a spot. I've tried last two years and didnt get in.
justkeepexploring

Postby WanderingJim » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:54 pm

There are actually two different things here:

The High Sierra Camps are the tent cabins, catered food, mules trips between, etc.

Then there are the backpackers campgrounds near each.

The former is the one with hard to get lottery system.

The backpackers campgrounds are open to anyone with a wilderness permit. (although some wilderness permits require you to either stay or go past some of the backpackers camps).

Personally, I prefer camping away from the big camps, so Have only seen the High Sierra Camps in passing.
WanderingJim
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby Peasy » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:46 am

Last year, lottery requests were on Sept 1st. No updates to the website, as to what they are doing this year for the lottery....anyone have any info?
Peasy
Regular
Regular

Return to Yosemite Campgrounds