Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Tenaya Lake

Discussion of camping and road-accessible campgrounds in and near Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Tenaya Lake

Postby Carter » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:44 pm

My cousins and i are planning on doing clouds rest this june... where can we camp close to the trail head and close to the lake thanks..
Day Hiker
Carter
Regular
Regular

Re: Tenaya Lake

Postby dan » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:05 pm

Porcupine Flat or Tuolumne Meadows Campgrounds are closest to the trailhead at the southwest end of Tenaya Lake

I recommend Tuolumne Meadows Campground as it is higher and you'll get acclimated better, and you can make a reservaion there (Porcupine Flat CG is first-come, first-served only).

For availability of campgounds, see the unoffiical, but informative website
http://www.yosemitesites.com/
This site shows how many campsite reservations are still available for a given date--very useful. Reserve at the government website http://www.recreation.gov

You don't need a wilderness permit if you're out for just the day (that is, not camping overnight along the trail).
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby Carter » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:38 pm

thank you very much Dan I will do my home work on it now... and how close will we be from the lake?
Day Hiker
Carter
Regular
Regular

Postby dan » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:55 pm

Something like 8 miles, more or less. In Summer there's a shuttle bus that runs from Tuolumne Meadows to Tenaya Lake during the day. Otherwise, park at the trailhead parking lot and leave your food you're not taking in the bear box.
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Campgrounds