Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

How can i get a camp site in Yosimite

Discussion of camping and road-accessible campgrounds in and near Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

How can i get a camp site in Yosimite

Postby Alex Graham » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:42 pm

Hi Guys, greetings from Scotland. I really need some help as I am travelling across to the USA on vacation from 9th -22nd June and I am hiring an RV from San Francisco. I am planning to travel via Napa Valley, lake Tahoe, down Las Vegas, then returning via Death Valley to Yosimite, where I want to stay for 3 or 4 nights, then back to San Fran.
Firstly can anyone advise me of a nice route and some good RV campsite along the way but also i really need help trying to find a campsite in or around Yosimite. I have tried to book on line but they are full, despite me being told by the RV company that June is still the quite season.

Your help guys would be really appreciated asI really want to visit your most scenic national park and have a memorable trip.

Kindest Regards Alex from Scotland
Alex Graham

Re: How can i get a camp site in Yosimite

Postby dan » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:52 pm

For inside the park, I would look at
http://www.yosemitesites.com/
This unofficial site shows how many campsites are available each day for each campground.

Many more RV campsites are available near the park, and they have RV hookups and shows. Here's a list (although it's old):
http://www.yosemite.ca.us/faq/2.html#campout

The usual route between Death Valley and Yosemite is US 395 north to State Route 120 (Tioga Road), which is the highest highway (not road) in California.
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby Alex Graham » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:28 pm

Hi thnaks for the reply dan, would you believe I still cant seem to find any sites with availabilty at that time, can you suggest anythijg else or do i just keep trying for a cancelleation.

I really want to see Yosimite so would be really disappointed if I cant get a site to stay in for a few days.

Alex
Alex Graham

Return to Yosemite Campgrounds