Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

showing up late to TM with res- will my site still be held?

Discussion of camping and road-accessible campgrounds in and near Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

showing up late to TM with res- will my site still be held?

Postby ctfshjohn » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:25 am

im due in sept 5th, but i found this in my res info...

If arriving one or more days late, call (209)372-4025 or (209)372-8502;
your reservation will be forfeited if we do not hear from you within 24 hours of your arrival date.

all this below is assuming i cannot contact them by phone if i need to at BV area or in the park due to no phone service ...........

can i explain to them if i call on the 4th , that i may pop into Bridalveil to see if there is a site the morning of the 5th and not show up to TM until the morning of the 7th?
will they hold it till the 7th if i choose to do this since i have paid and explained what im doing ?
i usually go to BV first for a couple days before going up north, but my plans are different this year,
and labor day area of time makes me nervous that there will not be a spot at BV that morning of the 5th.
i hate to move my res to the 7th for TM because if i cant find a spot at BV then i might be outa luck to even get in at TM on the 5th.

follow me??

thanks for your input !
ctfshjohn
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Re: showing up late to TM with res- will my site still be he

Postby AlmostThere » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:32 am

This is a question for the park. But, if you have a site in TM, why are you wanting to stay at Bridalveil? Who wants to stay in Bridalveil if you can be higher, cooler, more scenic, and guaranteed a site. Don't understand that. You have a site and it's a holiday weekend, why risk losing the site you have? It's a holiday weekend -- it will be packed, it will be a zoo, why take chances?

Seriously, this is not something I would even bother to ask -- I'd be at the campsite with bells on and enjoy being far, far out of the da**ed traffic in Yosemite Valley.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby ctfshjohn » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:37 am

i like to acclimate over there for a couple days and there are some hikes i like doing / interested in doing .
one for sentimental reasons.

guess ill call the campground number once it opens.

and im coming in from 41 fresno.

thanks AT
ctfshjohn
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Postby AlmostThere » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:43 am

Ah, I see. You have issues with elevation, that makes more sense.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby Phil » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:38 am

Depending on your provider, you should have cell service up at BV.

If acclimatizing to altitude is a problem, realize that most people that are going to be hit by them begin to show symptoms at 8000 ft. Tuolumne is 8500, so barely into the range. With the exception of time spent at elevation to give the body a chance to adjust, the best way to acclimatize is to generally take it easy and exercise only moderately. The benefits of sleeping more are arguable, but rest is always a good thing, and I do occasionally suffer a few minor symptoms of AMS and find that it helps ease them. If you know you're going to have problems, ask your doctor to call in a prescription for Acetazolamide (Diamox) if he feels that it's appropriate for you. Start taking it at least 3 days prior to your trip. We fed my fat, out of shape brother that and coca tea in the Andes and he hiked like a mountain goat with only a little extra sweating. Oh, and hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!
Phil
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby ctfshjohn » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:48 am

thanks Phil, im on republic wireless which piggybacks off of sprint.
I havent tried using it in the park yet.
sometimes the payphone works at BV, sometimes it doesnt.

this is my 6th year in the park, but was just basically wondering if i call on the 4th to tell them i will be there by the 7th for a res on the 5th,
if they will hold it for me.
i guess once they open ill call and ask,
thanks !
ctfshjohn
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Return to Yosemite Campgrounds