Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Need campsite 09/23 Tuolumne Meadows

Discussion of camping and road-accessible campgrounds in and near Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Need campsite 09/23 Tuolumne Meadows

Postby ktrboston » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:41 am

Hello all, anybody got room for a two person campsite on 9/23. This is our first time out west and are a little nervous that we will have a place to sleep when we arrive at Tuolumne Meadows on that Saturday. Out Permit is not for the following Monday. We are flying in on Friday and staying at Crane Flats that night. The next day we are taking the YARTS bus to Tuolumne meadows on that day and leaving our car at Yosemite Village. The YARTS bus doesn't leave till like 5pm so I believe our chances of a campsite at first Come/first serve campsite is probably close to nil. I have heard I think through this forum the NPS can not turn you away if you came by BUS, bike , foot and you can stay at the backpacker's campsite for one night.
Has anyone done this?
Edit: I've just reread the superintendent compendium and it states
"Backpacker camps are intended for use by visitors in possession of an overnight Wilderness
Permit or for visitors arriving in the park by foot, bicycle, or bus.Wilderness permit holders
may stay in a backpacker camp the night prior to departure and the night after returning from
each overnightWilderness trip.
• Users arriving in the park by foot, bicycle, or bus may stay in each backpacker camp for a
limit of one night
."

Our Back up plan:
Another option is ask people at the campsite if they have room for our tent.
Any other ideas or is there a place in Tuolumne meadows where we can crash,lol!!
I think I am getting the jitters because trip is coming soon.

Thanks!
ktrboston

Return to Yosemite Campgrounds