Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Camp spots needed for Yosemite

Discussion of camping and road-accessible campgrounds in and near Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Camp spots needed for Yosemite

Postby Kevnem » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:17 pm

Hello lovely humans,

I am hoping to snag a spot in upper pines, lower pines or north pines. I know it might not be likely but hoping my birthday luck will pull through. We would be very greatful is anyone has an extra camping spot. We are approx 10 adults in our late 20s
Kevnem
First-timer
First-timer

Re: Camp spots needed for Yosemite

Postby AlmostThere » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:39 pm

One, the max occupancy of a campsite is six, not 10.
Two, the sites are non transferable and they require ID at checkin.
Keep hitting recreation.gov and you might pick up cancellations for campsites. Only way anyone is getting money back on the site is to cancel and refund.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Re: Camp spots needed for Yosemite

Postby Phil » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:16 pm

Besides the max occupancy of sites, which would mean that you need two for your group size, even lining up at the campground reservation desk at Half Dome Village for possible cancellations for just one of them is going to be a crapshoot of major proportions, not to mention, burn up a lot of your day. The first weekend of August is not a good time to come into Yosemite Valley looking for a campsite with only reliance on luck as your primary strategy, birthday or otherwise.

You should just save yourself the trouble and have a better chance of having a good camping b-day by trying one of the walk-in campgrounds up on Tioga Rd. Tamarack Flat, White Wolf, Yosemite Creek, Porcupine Flat, and with a probability somewhere in the range of finding anything in the Valley, maybe even Tuolumne Meadows.

And if you want luck, make your own by showing up Wednesday or Thursday for the best odds of it smiling upon you.
Phil
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Campgrounds