Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Is Tamarack Falt open?

Discussion of camping and road-accessible campgrounds in and near Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Is Tamarack Falt open?

Postby jed1033 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:07 am

On the NPS web site it says it's open since June 27, but I can't find a Yosemite NP phone number with a person to check.
Does anybody know?
Don't want to drive there and have to illegally camp at Camp 4 : )
jed1033

Re: Is Tamarack Falt open?

Postby AlmostThere » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:22 pm

Yeah, coz of all places to illegally camp where you're most likely to get caught....

"Since" June 27 by which you mean yesterday.... Yes, probably it is.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby Phil » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:07 am

The park's website has all the info on campground status. Yeah, with the new rules for Camp 4 registration, enforcement will be intense. They'll pick you off, cite you, and throw you out in very short order...probably even before you're done pitching your tent.
Phil
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby jed1033 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:07 pm

Well, I didn't end up going because I didn't want to risk the campground not being open dispite what their web site said. Interestingly, their web site also mentioned that Bridalveil campsite is open on July 15 (today), but the group/horse sites aren't available until later this week. Maybe hte normal sites are on a different schedule form the group/horse sites.

I was joking about illegally camping at camp 4. In the past, when it was called sunnyside walkin, I was able to camp there the night before and pay and reserve the next morning or sometimes, I'd just sleep there (no tent) when I didn't feel like driving home at night. But then, at those times, Yosemite valley wasn't nearly as full as it is now.
jed1033

Return to Yosemite Campgrounds