Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Yosemite Creek early Jul 2019

Discussion of camping and road-accessible campgrounds in and near Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Yosemite Creek early Jul 2019

Postby mikerain » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:44 am

We want to camp at Yosemite Creek campground and hike to Eagle Peak this summer. Will conditions be soggy or snowy or filled with mosquitoes in early July 2019 because of the very snowy winter? I wonder if later in the summer might be better this year, but I don't want to miss the spectacular waterfalls. Anyone have an educated guess?
mikerain
Regular
Regular

Re: Yosemite Creek early Jul 2019

Postby WanderingJim » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:35 pm

Just got done with a Old Big Oak Flat Road TH to Snow Creek TH over 4 days. No problems with the trail. People I talked to coming down from the now open Tioga road didn't seem that concerned or said they had problems the trails coming down from there.

Lots of fallen trees to go over/around and a few soggy parts along the trails I was on, but navigable.
WanderingJim
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Re: Yosemite Creek early Jul 2019

Postby mikerain » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:37 am

Thanks Jim. Wow, you did quite a hike. Thanks for the trail report.
mikerain
Regular
Regular

Return to Yosemite Campgrounds