Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

General camping question in Yosemite

Discussion of camping and road-accessible campgrounds in and near Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

General camping question in Yosemite

Postby nykky » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:41 pm

I was lucky to get a spot at Wawona July 28, north pines July 29th. I was really hoping to stay in the valley on the 30th but nothing is available. I booked instead at Tuolumne and plan to spend the 30th and 31st there. Do sites ever open up, and is there any chance of changing reservations if they do? Ideally I would like to stay at Tuolumne the 31st and spend the 30th in the valley. Thanks in advance.
nykky
First-timer
First-timer

Re: General camping question in Yosemite

Postby dan » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:14 pm

The Valley campgrounds are tough in July. Yes sites open up--the morning during the week (M-F) is the best times to check.

Tuolumne Meadows CG is a better bet. Only half are reserved, and you can usually get a site midweek in the mornings. No guarantees though!
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Campgrounds