Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Can I call and request a specific campsite?

Discussion of camping and road-accessible campgrounds in and near Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Can I call and request a specific campsite?

Postby AuntBek » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:54 pm

Hi - We're camping in Tuolumne Meadows in August. Last year we had 2 spots beside each other that we loved. Can I call ahead and "request" those spaces? Or maybe just our loop preference? I know they can't accommodate all requests, but maybe they could try? Is there a local phone number for the reservation office at Tuolumne Meadows? Thanks in advance!
AuntBek

Postby AlmostThere » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:55 pm

Do you already have a reservation? reserveamerica says the campground's booked. You can select RV campsites using the map at reserveamerica.com but they are all reserved as far as I can see. Tent sites are assigned at check in.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby AuntBek » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:33 am

Yes, we made reservations the morning they were opened. Last year they had our sites assigned when we arrived, so we had no input for requests. I would like to make a request for a certain site or area.
AuntBek

Postby jpcal » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:55 am

I remember one year we were able to get the number to the kiosk at the campground (Have since lost..Oh well). We usually have a large group that like to have multiple sites within the same general area. They usually work with what they have available to them. If the reservations are under the same name they should put them next to each other. If they don’t put them next to each other than you can see which spot will have someone leaving the next day (generally happens all the time), set up camp in the spot you like and trade to get the other(only one trade). We usually have to trade a site and see when different sites will become available. It will depend on your sites that you reserved where you will be; some sites are tent only, trailers, RV, etc. In August it will be a little harder to be picky because the campground is usually full constantly. If you are going up on a Friday or Saturday it will be harder to pick which sites you want. Go up Sunday through Thursday if might be a little easier.
jpcal
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Return to Yosemite Campgrounds