Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Tuolumne Meadows Campground

Discussion of camping and road-accessible campgrounds in and near Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Tuolumne Meadows Campground

Postby katydidit » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:18 pm

I'm heading up to TM for a week at the end of the month, and am unsure on a couple of things about the campground.

FIRST: when I reserved the week on "reserve america" it did not specify a campsite. If I get there right at noon (which is check in) will I be able to select a site myself? Or do they assign? I'm asking because I dont want to wake up at the crack of dawn to get a great spot (its a sunday) if I dont get to pick.

SECOND: I have read conflicting information about showers at the TM lodge. Are there quarter showers still available for use near the campground, or will I have to drive down to Lee Vining if I feel like washing the deet off me throughout the week?

Also, to those of you who have stayed there recently...how are the skeeters this year? I have every kind of repellent known to man, but are there any other precautions that I can take to stop the dang bugs from biting?

Any help is appreciated :) T
katydidit

Return to Yosemite Campgrounds