Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Camping Reservations

Discussion of camping and road-accessible campgrounds in and near Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Camping Reservations

Postby CA Cowgirl » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:37 pm

Okay buddies, last time we camped there was maybe 10 years ago and you HAD to phone in to get a camp spot. Now you can do it online. We want to stay a week in June. Are there any good days to arrive and leave? Like arrive on Sunday and leave on Sunday, etc. M-M, you get my drift? There is a certain spot I want and want my chances to be good. Yeah right. Everybody thinks the same. Just wondering. Last time we did Sat-Sat and I got my spot (and yes that was 10 years ago). 8)
CA Cowgirl

Re: Camping Reservations

Postby dan » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:51 pm

The best days to arrive is mid-week (Mon.-Wed.), but if you have a reservation, it doesn't matter. I highly recommend getting a reservation, from http://www.recreation.gov/

http://www.yosemitesites.com/ is a unofficial website that shows how many campground reservations are available for each day for each campground. It's too early to reserve for June, though, as you probably know.
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby Wickett » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:22 pm

If you want a specific site I would have the website up and the site you want open. Then starting about 5 mins early, keep clicking book it. It will not let you book until they are released. I have seen all the sites gone in 2 minutes before. Good luck!
Wickett
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Campgrounds