Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Camping in October 2010

Discussion of camping and road-accessible campgrounds in and near Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Camping in October 2010

Postby 24Tulips » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:02 pm

I'm planning a trip mid week in the beginning of October for my husband & I. We are looking for a quieter place to tent camp either inside or outside of the park.
Any suggestions?
24Tulips
First-timer
First-timer

Postby AlmostThere » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:48 am

You are limited to campgrounds unless you backpack. They are closing down some of them in September.

http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/campground.htm

It does get quieter in winter, which is why reservations are not so necessary that time of year.

There are campgrounds outside the entrances but they are seasonal as well.

http://jrabold.net/yosemite/campn.shtml

The ones on the east side will be inaccessible from the park itself if Tioga Pass closes due to snow.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby Wickett » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:34 pm

Reservations are still recommended in October. I went last year and they did fill up around Halloween. I was a lot quieter in lower pines but the bears were a lot more active in my opinion.
Wickett
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Campgrounds