Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Old Yosemite Map/Tapestry

Discussion about Yosemite National Park history, including Native Americans, Euro-American pioneers and settlement, and establishment as a national park.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Old Yosemite Map/Tapestry

Postby sboswell » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:32 pm

I found an old cloth map of Yosemite Valley at a garage sale. It is a beautiful tapestry, mainly with colors of red, yellow, green, blue and black. I am trying to figure out the dates of the map depicted. Le Conte Lodge and Glacier Pt. Hotel are on the map. Would this be around 1950's? Is there a person or organization that I could reach out to for more information?
sboswell

Re: Old Yosemite Map/Tapestry

Postby Elliesh7 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:27 am

sboswell wrote:I found an old cloth map of Yosemite Valley mycfavisit at a garage sale. It is a beautiful tapestry, mainly with colors of red, yellow, green, blue and black. I am trying to figure out the dates of the dgcustomerfirst map depicted. Le Conte Lodge and Glacier Pt. Hotel are on the map. Would this be around 1950's? Is there a person or organization that I could reach out to for more information?

Are you sure about the dates? If so visit any archaeological survey centers nearby.
Elliesh7
First-timer
First-timer

Return to Yosemite History