Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Looking for 5 day hike

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in the Sierra Nevada and elsewhere outside Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Looking for 5 day hike

Postby pilothike » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:23 pm

Hello,

I'm looking for a 5 day backpacking hike in Yosemite. Last year my friends and I did the Grand Canyon of the Tuolumne River which we thought was absolutly fantastic. I'm trying to find antoher hike similar to this with lots of water access river or lakes as we all enjoy to fly fish. Ideally the total milage is around 40 miles as some of our group like more easy/moderate hikes. We hike in mid September so no problem with snow. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
pilothike
First-timer
First-timer

Re: Looking for 5 day hike

Postby AlmostThere » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:45 am

I usually just look at the map and plan a route, and go... If you want some alpine, you'll be in the northern half of the park. If you want lower elevations and forests and meadows and an occasional lower pass, the southern part works - especially if you loop over the boundary into Ansel Adams wilderness. There will be lakes for water at varying intervals. Limiting yourself to rivers will mean going back to the GCT. Streams this year will be low and even dry that late, since the snow pack was so miserable and it's so dry already - I anticipate it will be somewhat like last year when year round streams were dried out to puddles.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Hiking & backpacking outside Yosemite National Park