Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

What do hikers and backpackers care about

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in the Sierra Nevada and elsewhere outside Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

What do hikers and backpackers care about

Postby AlxElk » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:01 am

Hey everybody!

Merry Christmas and Happy holidays to everyone!
Hope you are doing well!

I'm from Eastern Europe and I usually hike in Belarus swamps or Georgian mountains with the group of my friends.
I love hiking and devoted my MBA diploma work to it, trying to create new digital product for hikers and backpackers.

Here I address to those who hike and love it regardless the weather :)
I'll really appreciate your help in my endeavor.

I'm carrying out another research for MBA education program. could you please answer the questions here - https://goo.gl/forms/Rab8Iu8ndD6eHw1B3 - it will take less then 5 minutes.

I've already gathered more than 100 answers from European hiking community and am willing to share general stats results if you wish, Just let me know.

Thank you in advance.
Alexei
AlxElk
First-timer
First-timer

Re: What do hikers and backpackers care about

Postby AlmostThere » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:58 am

I can't answer your questions because hikers and backpackers in my country don't do that much urban backpacking. Wilderness backpacking is the usual focus on this forum, specifically in Yosemite, which has a few roads, a few hotels, and a lot of wilderness trails. Most of them make no sense to me, since it costs me nothing and I have no idea what equipment I should prepare correctly. I pack, I leave, my friends come with me...there are no services to be in proximity to.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby Phil » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:01 am

I read the questions on your survey, and while I have no problem with taking the time to help you out, as they seem straight-forward enough, I would first like a little more information on the digital product you're trying to develop. No need to go too into depth with proprietary secrets, just the basic nature of what's involved in your thoughts and why you believe that it would be helpful.
Phil
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby AlmostThere » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:02 am

I'm also a little skeptical as surveys like this tend to be spammy and not what they appear....
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Hiking & backpacking outside Yosemite National Park