Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

July 1-4 Desolation Wilderness, Rockbound Pass to Lake Aloha

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in the Sierra Nevada and elsewhere outside Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

July 1-4 Desolation Wilderness, Rockbound Pass to Lake Aloha

Postby jartelt » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:43 pm

Over July 1st-4th, my wife and I hiked a ~40 mile loop in Desolation Wilderness. We started/ended at Rockbound Trailhead and camped at Maud Lake, Fontanillis Lake, and Lake Aloha. The route was fully clear of snow and the trails were mostly clear (a few downed trees). There were several creek/rivers crossings but we were able to keep shoes on and rock hop on all but one of them. It was a really pretty route and I would recommend it. The only issue we had was that the trail is quite rocky in a few sections, which was rough on our feet. My full report with all the pictures and map is here: https://backpackers-review.com/trip-reports/lake-aloha-desolation-wilderness/

Rockbound Trail

Maud Lake

Rockbound Pass

Lake Doris

Lake Lois

Lake Fontanillis Camp

Dicks Pass

Susie Lake

Lake Aloha

jartelt
Regular
Regular