Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Looking for Photography buddies

Information on Photography in Yosemite--tips, techniques, best camera gear, etc.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Looking for Photography buddies

Postby Ecco » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:09 pm

Hi all,

I am new to this forum, looks great. Have been reading thru many topics. I have booked a trip to CA, 2 weeks from now. I will be in Yosemite late on 9/12, since check in is not till 4pm. I plan on being up and in the Valley at sunrise each day to be able to catch as many images as I can of this great park. Will be exploring the trails alone. I was wondering if there are some concerns I should be aware of.

Anyone going to be hiking and photographing 9/13 thru 9/15 that would like some company, get in touch with me!

I plan on doing both film and digital, macro and micro! Have been reading and noting areas of interest for weeks now. Looking to get as much from this trip as possible, since it will be my first experience visiting Yosemite. It will also be bittersweet, my Dad, who was my mentor passed several years ago before we could finalize our plans to get there. Have visited the Grand Canyon, Glacier and many Eastern parks with him since I was a youngster. This will be my first trip photographing a National Park without him by my side.

I also need info on traveling to this area. Staying in San Francisco for 3 days, driving to Yosemite on 9/12, will drive thru 140 as I understand the views are awesome. Will be in Yosemite till 9/16, driving back that day to San Francisco for another 3 day stay. I hope the fires today have not caused any fatalities, but wonder if I should not drive thru that route. I am staying at Yosemite Scenic Wonders, would drive in thru 140 to cabin and drive back on 120 to San Francisco. Any concerns I should be aware of now that this fire has closed 140. Thanks to all who have posted here, great insite from all!

Regards,

Ecco
Ecco
First-timer
First-timer

Return to Yosemite Photography