Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Paintings from Yosemite photos project

Information on Photography in Yosemite--tips, techniques, best camera gear, etc.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Paintings from Yosemite photos project

Postby Stacy » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:52 am

I'm an artist who've been captured by the beauty of Yosemite. I've visited Yosemite twice now, the second time was my honeymoon. I took a lot of pictures with my average camera, and although the photos lacked a professional touch, they were valuable to me as references for my paintings.

I didn't see any postcards of paintings of Yosemite when I was there and thought, I would like to make some. But I didn't want to do it from photos of my trip only, I want to see what other travelers saw. So I started a kickstarter campaign to connect with other travelers in hope of doing a collaboration to create paintings from their Yosemite trip, which I then reproduced as postcards. Why postcards? Because they are really fun to send when you're on a trip.

I'm looking for other travelers and supporters of Yosemite to help me finish my project.
My kickstarter campaign is "Painted Yosemite" and can be found here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2039743195/painted-yosemite-a-collective-journey

You can see samples of my Yosemite paintings from photos taken from my trip there.

Thanks,
Stacy
Stacy
First-timer
First-timer

Return to Yosemite Photography