Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

New Royal Robins book, Fail Falling

Books about Yosemite National Park, California

Moderators: Wickett, dan

New Royal Robins book, Fail Falling

Postby dan » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:30 pm

Here's a blurb I got on Royal Robbins.
- Dan

Royal Robbins announces the release of the second book in his My Life series: Fail Falling

Available at www.RoyalRobbinsTheBook.com

It’s our great pleasure to present for your consideration Fail Falling, the second book in a series by legendary climber, Royal Robbins. Royal Robbins was the seminal figure in North American climbing in the 1950s and ‘60s. His notable first ascents of Yosemite’s big walls inspired a climbing revolution that lives on to this day. Robbins’ first memoir in his My Life autobiographical series, To Be Brave began the tale of his adventurous life story and garnered high praise including the Special Jury Award at the prestigious Banff Mountain Festival.

Royal Robbins: Fail Falling is the second volume in the series and tells Royal’s historic early first ascents, including Half Dome and Sentinel Rock in Yosemite Valley, and his daring climb of the Open Book route at Tahquitz Rock. It's a swift, adventurous read that leaves you feeling as if you had accompanied Royal on his thrilling climbs. Tommy Caldwell writes in the Foreword, “Fail Falling makes it apparent why Royal Robbins is considered by many to be climbing’s greatest legend.

Robbins' first book: To Be Brave attracted positive reviews including Rock and Ice Magazine, Wall Street Journal Alpinist Review, Scouting Magazine and Mountain Gazette. Noted climber, John Long wrote, “If there’s a finer memoir, written by an American climber, I haven’t seen it.” Fail Falling promises to generate even more credible reviews, awards, and tremendous buzz.

Order copies of Fail Falling and To Be Brave, at www.RoyalRobinsTheBook.com

Each book retails for $19.95. Autographed book retails for $29.95. Plus Shipping & Handling: Place your advance order; books shipped by December 10.
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Books about Yosemite