Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

camping at curry village in october

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

camping at curry village in october

Postby AK » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:06 am

Hi,

We are planning to visit yosemite coming weekend, (16th one). We plan to camp at the curry village. I am not sure what kind of tent should I go for ? Do I need a heated tent ? Forecast doesn't look that bad, the minimum is still going to be around 45F.

I will like to get some advice about the climate generally in October at nights, does it get particularly windy or chilly that a heated tent is a must ?
I will really like to save the 40$s, if I can.

Thanks,
Alec
AK

Postby hotrod4x5 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:42 am

If it was me, I would save the money. Bring your own extra blankets, or even an electric blanket. Even though they advertise there is no electricity, there is a light bulb in each room. Some of these have outlets on them, and others you will need to bring a 3 dollar outlet/bulb adapter.

My GF and I have reservations for 4 nights in December. We are on a tight budget and opted for an unheated tent. We'll have an electric blanket and extra blankets. Considering bringing an electric heater as well, although I am not sure about the outlet's amp rating.

I'm not sure of the official policy for using the outlet, so when I have done so in the past, I unplug my extension and wrap it up so as not to be seen by housekeeping when I am out of the tent.
hotrod4x5
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby AK » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:39 pm

That does make sense, thanks for your reply.
AK

Postby Gfurey » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:06 pm

Great place!!! I stayed there in early may and the weather was about the same. We didn't have a heated tent but we brought extra blankets and were plenty warm. If all else fails, they have a bar and good pizza to help keep you warm! Have fun!!
Gfurey

Return to Visiting Yosemite