Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Best way to get to Hodgdon meadow from the valley.

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Best way to get to Hodgdon meadow from the valley.

Postby maxwl » Mon May 02, 2011 9:45 am

I am taking the amtrak to Yosemite and the bus only stops at the Yosemite lodge. I need to know the best way or if some could give me a ride i'll be there the 9th of May.
maxwl
First-timer
First-timer

Postby AlmostThere » Mon May 02, 2011 10:14 am

Investigate the various bus options at yarts.com, http://www.yosemitepark.com/public-transportation.aspx and the nps.gov/yose page. Between free shuttles, YARTS routes and the tour and hiker busses, Yosemite is the easiest park to navigate.

bus and walk, bus and bike, bus and hitchhike, you can get there. YARTS will happily pick you up and drop you off along their routes - I've gotten back to Tuolumne Meadows from Mammoth Lakes that way.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby gtbhiker » Mon May 02, 2011 4:53 pm

Why go all the way out of the valley and camp at Hodgon Meadow when there are sites available in the valley?
I just checked reservations.gov and there are sites available at both Upper & Lower Pines campgrounds for that date.
gtbhiker
Regular
Regular

Return to Visiting Yosemite