Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

white wolf to tuolumne

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

white wolf to tuolumne

Postby daleellenson » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:54 pm

Does anyone know a good route to go from white wolf to tuolumne medows preferably through pate valley? Im looking to spend 3 days and need two spots to camp.
daleellenson

Re: white wolf to tuolumne

Postby AlmostThere » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:12 pm

daleellenson wrote:Does anyone know a good route to go from white wolf to tuolumne medows preferably through pate valley? Im looking to spend 3 days and need two spots to camp.

There is one route - it's the trail. Highly recommended, if you are not a mountain goat or an otter.

We camped at Return and again at Morrison on the ridge just up from the creek crossing - I was back at the car at White Wolf the following morning at 10:30 am. If doing this in reverse, I would do the same only start mid-day, camp at Morrison, blow through Pate and up the canyon to Return, or even push a little further to Waterwheel and get one of the 2-3 sites there.

There are stretches of the trail - Muir Gorge for example - you won't be able to camp in. I wouldn't want to camp in the burnt section, or in Pate. Too many widowmakers where the fire burned through. Pate is prime skeeter habitat and we saw bear poop everywhere.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Re: white wolf to tuolumne

Postby AlmostThere » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:56 pm

BTW, I hope you meant a backpacking route... Don't forget your wilderness permit and bear canister.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Visiting Yosemite