Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Biking in Yosemite

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Biking in Yosemite

Postby archive » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:41 am

Author: Malia Brooks (---.lsanca2.dsl-verizon.net)
Date: 04-23-03 17:17

My husband and I will be in Yosemite in late August and were wondering if there were any other good biking spots, besides in Yosemite Valley? We were also interested in the best shorter hikes. Thanks for your help!

Re: Biking in Yosemite
Author: Dan Anderson (---.san.rr.com)
Date: 04-24-03 22:03

Biking is a problem outside Yosemite Valley because the roads are narrow and some people drive too fast. Trucks and RVs are also on the road.

That said, I've seen people bike on the TIoga Road--more or an endurance run. Biking around Tuolumne Meadows/Dana Meadows in the high-country would be pretty. There's some backroads around Wawona.

The best shorter hikes are in the Valley to the various falls, including Vernal and Nevada falls and Mirror Lake. There's a North trail and a South trail running east west along the Valley. Not many people take it and it's scenic. Hike as long as you like.

Some people take the bus to Glacier Point and hike DOWN (1 way) down the Four Mile Trail (which is now closer to 5 miles with new switchbacks) to Yosemite Valley.

Dewey Point and Sentinenl Dome are nice hikes from the Glacier Point Road and have Valley views.
archive
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Visiting Yosemite