Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

rafting ? will it be like work?

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

rafting ? will it be like work?

Postby ctfshjohn » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:16 pm

a little low on the water in the river.
i wonder if it will carry us or will have to paddle and work for it.
seems like a good perspective of the valley.........
ctfshjohn
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Re: rafting ? will it be like work?

Postby dan » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:05 pm

ctfshjohn wrote:a little low on the water in the river. i wonder if it will carry us or will have to paddle and work for it. seems like a good perspective of the valley.........

Don't know. I would try it--you may need to carry a raft over some sand bars. You need someone to shuttle you back. You could go just as far as the "swinging" bridge and ride the shuttle bus back.

I tried it on a rental raft a few years ago. It's very peaceful and relaxing, and you see the valley from a different perspective--away from the road.

It's too late for raft rental as the river is too low.

Here's the official regulations, such as needing a PFD for everyone:
http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/water.htm
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Visiting Yosemite