Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Filling My Trailer with water Before or at Yosemite?

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Filling My Trailer with water Before or at Yosemite?

Postby kepyslap » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:27 pm

Hello,

I will be taking my two boys to Yosemite for the first time in a couple days as we have a site reserved at North Pines. I know that there are no hook-ups at the site but I was wondering, is there a place in Yosemite valley to fill my water tank in the trailer so I can keep my trailer weight down on the 3 + hour drive to get there? Also, are there water spickets around the campground that I might be able to reach a hose to if I need more water?

Thanks,

Scott
kepyslap
First-timer
First-timer

Re: Filling My Trailer with water Before or at Yosemite?

Postby dan » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:57 pm

Some Yosemite Campgrounds have water faucets--I don't think they are threaded for water hoses though. There's also RV dump stations in Yosemite Valley, Wawona, and Tuolumne. Here's the official information on RV camping, including water supply.
http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/rvcamping.htm

There are RV campgrounds in the foothills east of Yosemite National Park with full hookups.
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Re: Filling My Trailer with water Before or at Yosemite?

Postby Wickett » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:35 am

Sorry I missed your trip but for others searching...

The dump station at Upper Pines has potable water, that is where most people fill up.

You cannot connect to the bathroom faucets, most are not even threaded. You can fill a 5 gal or so bucket and then dump it in the ole tank but that would take a while.
Wickett
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Visiting Yosemite