Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Advice for May 11-13

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Advice for May 11-13

Postby Steelersgirl » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:10 pm

Hello all, my husband and I will be visiting Yosemite for the first time May 11-13. We are staying in curry village and will be doing day hikes only. I am mainly wondering about the weather and what type of clothing we should pack for the time of year, but also interested in advice on hike length for an east-coaster. Thank you so much for your advice. I am so excited about this trip and want to take full advantage of every minute we have in the park.
Steelersgirl
First-timer
First-timer

Re: Advice for May 11-13

Postby lmsteck » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:07 pm

We normally visit Yosemite in April and the weather is unpredictable. We've been there when it has snowed then 2 days later the temperatures got up to 70. On average, when we're there the temps are lows of 30s, highs around 60 degrees. For May you're probably looking at averages of 40s - 70s. Best advice, prepare for the lows and highs and layer. Not sure what you mean by "advice on a hike length for an east-coaster." My husband and I have knee and foot injuries so all our hikes are short. Hope you have a wonderful trip! We love Yosemite! We'll be back in April!
lmsteck

Return to Visiting Yosemite