Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Valley to Tuolumne meadows public bus?

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Valley to Tuolumne meadows public bus?

Postby Drew345 » Fri May 24, 2013 6:22 pm

I am planning to do a Yosemite trip with no car. Is there a way to get from the valley floor up to Tuolumne meadows at a decent time (before noon)? I see:
- Yarts goes up from Valley to Tuolumne up at 5:00 PM, (too late)
- Yarts goes down from Tuolumne to the Valley at 10:15 AM (ok time)
- Tuolumne meadows shuttle is free from Tuolumne meadows to Olmstead point several times in the day.

But that schedule is not convenient from the valley up to Tuolumne since 5:00 pm is rather late. I am planning to drop at Porcupine Flat and getting a walk-in campsite, so before noon would be better.
Any other bus I don’t know about or a way up from the valley before noon? Hitchhike? Never did that before.
Thanks,
Drew345

Re: Valley to Tuolumne meadows public bus?

Postby dan » Sat May 25, 2013 10:02 am

Take the Hiker's Bus from Yosemite Valley to Tuolumne. Operated by the concessionaire, YCS. Leaves from all hotels in the valley in the morning.

http://www.yosemitepark.com/tuolumne-meadows-tour.aspx
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Visiting Yosemite