Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Can we drive to see all popular spots, as my wife can't walk

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Can we drive to see all popular spots, as my wife can't walk

Postby Sidh2013 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:54 am

Hi All,

We are leaving today for yosemite for 2 nights stay. It was a planned trp but unfortunately my wife met an injury yesterday and she can't walk that easily. She can walk but we want to avaoid long hiking

Qs. Whch would be the shortest route if we are leaving from San Jose, CA ? This is our first trip
Qs. Can we still drive and visit all popular areas or we actually have to hike to get there ?
Qs. We will be reaching yosemite around 7-8 PM. Any good spot to see sunset while entering. Actually we will be going to Yosemite Bug Hotel as we are staying there

Even otherwise I have read gone through too many lists, but would appreciate if somene can suggest good places to see these days (with less on activities)

Thanks
Sidh
Sidh2013
First-timer
First-timer

Re: Can we drive to see all popular spots, as my wife can't

Postby dan » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:41 pm

Sidh2013 wrote:Hi All,
We are leaving today for yosemite for 2 nights stay. It was a planned trp but unfortunately my wife met an injury yesterday and she can't walk that easily. She can walk but we want to avaoid long hiking
Qs. Whch would be the shortest route if we are leaving from San Jose, CA ? This is our first trip

Highways 99 and 140 (if you're staying at Yosemite Bug Hostel). Don't know before that though.

Sidh2013 wrote:Qs. Can we still drive and visit all popular areas or we actually have to hike to get there ?

Mostly. Yosemite Valley, Glacier Point, Tioga Road. You can ride the tram in Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias.

For the road to Mirror Lake (in eastern Yosemite Valley) you may be able to get a pass at the entrance station to drive the shuttle bus roads.

Sidh2013 wrote:Qs. We will be reaching yosemite around 7-8 PM. Any good spot to see sunset while entering. Actually we will be going to Yosemite Bug Hotel as we are staying there

Tunnel View (Inspiration Point) has a great view of Yosemite Valley at Sunset. Probably can't see the sun though.

Sidh2013 wrote:Even otherwise I have read gone through too many lists, but would appreciate if somene can suggest good places to see these days (with less on activities)

Thanks
Sidh
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Visiting Yosemite