Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Elderly in Yosemite

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Elderly in Yosemite

Postby Birdman » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:23 am

Hi

Im bringing my grandpa to yosemite this weekend as was hoping to take him up to glacier point for the views - looks like the road will be closed, which i should have guessed.
So my question is - are there any other viewpoints recommended which can be accessed by car at this time of year - or a couple of miles of flat walking/hiking?

Any other suggestions for a wettish, snowy weekend in Yosemite?

Thanks!
Birdman

Re: Elderly in Yosemite

Postby Grzldvt » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:36 pm

The Tunnel View aka Inspiration Point will be your best bet this time of year. Looks like it is going to be rainy and in the 50's, so the Falls will be running Another option that really seems to be a big surprise is the Mariposa Grove of Big Trees. I was always one for the big views and had no use for the trees. Then one day I was leading a group and they wanted to see the Grove, so we headed down there, and we were all blown away. So something to think about.
Steve
Grzldvt
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Visiting Yosemite