Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Place to stay with Kitchen and Internet

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Place to stay with Kitchen and Internet

Postby BobH60 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:32 am

Good Afternoon,

My wife and I will be visiting Yosemite in June of 2008. Becuase of my wife's medical condition we need to stay somewhere with a full kitchen. Also, because of my work we need to have Internet access.

Am I correct in saying the closest lodging to Yosemite Valley is "Yosemite West" ?

There appears to be a number of cabins, condos and houses in this area.

Can anyone suggest one ?

Thanks,
Bob
BobH60
Regular
Regular

Re: Place to stay with Kitchen and Internet

Postby dan » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:41 pm

Cedar Lodge and Yosemite View Lodge is in the El Portal area, which is west of Yosemite down the Merced River Canyon. They have kitchenettes, but no Internet (unless you dial up to your own ISP).

Yosemite West, southwest of Yosemite Valley, are privately-owned cabins and condos with full kitchens. I don't know which ones have Internet set up though. Again you could dial up to your ISP. I haven't had any bad luck with any cabin or condo I rented, but there's a lot I haven't tried. They seem well-maintained.

Mariposa has lodging with kitchenettes (and perhaps full kitchens) and wifi Internet access.

The courtyard/cafeterial/restaurant/lounge areas at Yosemite Lodge in Yosemite Valley has free wifi Internet access.
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Visiting Yosemite