Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Drive car or take Yarts

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Drive car or take Yarts

Postby tonybeo » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:37 pm

We are trying to decide whether we want to drive a car from our hotel to Yosemite or use the Yarts system to get there and then use the shuttle buses after we get in the park. I saw that there are also tram tours in the park and I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on if it is better to take the trams or the shuttle buses.

Thanks,
Tony Billeaud
tonybeo

Re: Drive car or take Yarts

Postby dan » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:59 pm

If you're just visiting Yosemite Valley, YARTS and shuttle buses are OK.

Tram tours are good in either case if you're not familiar with Yosemite Valley. In Summer they are open air trams and a park ranger explains features along the way.

One-day tours are also available to Glacier Point and Mariposa Grove, from Yosemite Valley.

If you want to visit the backcountry or Tuolumne Meadows along the Tioga Road, or rush to see several sights, a car is better. It's more flexible also.
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Visiting Yosemite