Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

How are the bugs in July?

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

How are the bugs in July?

Postby archive » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:44 pm

Author: Stacy Fehrenbach
Date: 06-26-04 07:45

We will be "camping" (in a cabin) with children over the July 4th weekend. Some friends warned us that the bugs can be really bad in July, and advised being prepared w/ mosquito netting. How much truth is there to this? Other than bug spray and citronella candles, any suggestions for keeping the bugs at bay?

Re: How are the bugs in July?
Author: Dan Anderson
Date: 06-26-04 16:07

They are bad in July.

No other suggestions. They are worse at dawn and dusk and around meadows.

They are not as bad in the wind, and away from meadows and streams.

Bug spray with DEET is best. Indoors is also good if you don't keep the door open.

Author: David Truby
Date: 03-02-05 23:24

Hi all, I also use bug spray but it has to be all natural-I don't like chemicals on my skin-

Author: Dan Anderson
Date: 03-03-05 14:45

Better chemicals than West Nile Fever or West Nile Encephalitis.

I haven't found a "natural" repellent that works. I tend to wear long sleves and pants where it's a problem and stay away from wet areas. Then you only need a little repellent on your face, neck, and hands.
archive
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Visiting Yosemite