Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

place to sleep for day hiking in Yosemite

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

place to sleep for day hiking in Yosemite

Postby sagiekimhi » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:58 pm

hello all
where would you recommend to stay in/next to Yosemite Park for a few days of days Hiking?
I'm talking about this week
September 16-19
Also, what area of Yosemite is best at this time of the year?
Thank you all :)
sagiekimhi
First-timer
First-timer

Re: place to sleep for day hiking in Yosemite

Postby AlmostThere » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:49 am

the best area is the one with the least smoke. i suggest Tuolumne Meadows, in the campground or the high sirrra camp, and day hikes out of that area are gorgeous. probably will be smoky haze, but nothing so bad as in the Valley itself, which has a fire burning on the north rim. they make close tioga road - check the tosemite website for updates before you go.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Visiting Yosemite