Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

parking along Tioga Road

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

parking along Tioga Road

Postby christopher10 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:35 pm

Hi all,

Hope I'm posting in the right forum. I'll be staying in Mammoth in late July / early Aug and hoping to take my wife on a few hikes in Yosemite. Going to avoid the Valley and instead stick to Tioga Road.

Anyone know what time parking tends to fill up at Porcupine Creek TH, Tuolumne Meadows/Glen Aulin TH, and Cathedral Lakes TH during a non-holiday period? And if parking at those trailheads fills up, is there roadside parking nearby or is that not allowed? Been a while since I drove 120.

Thanks kindly!
C

ps - I've been looking at the YARTS schedules and the ones available online leave something to be desired in terms of clarity...so hoping not to have to shuttle it.
christopher10

Re: parking along Tioga Road

Postby Phil » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:19 pm

The parking tends fill up quickly most of the summer months. Weekdays and non-holidays, obviously less so. If there's a shoulder wide enough for the car, and it's safe, it's fair game unless posted otherwise.

Yes, the YARTS and hiker's shuttle schedules are awfully bad this year, although, between the Tuolumne Lodge and Olmstead Point, the Tuolumne shuttle still runs at 30 minute intervals, even though it's no longer free.
Phil
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Re: parking along Tioga Road

Postby christopher10 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:27 pm

Thanks Phil! Sounds like it shouldn't be too much of a problem then, as long as I can find a spot on the shoulder.
christopher10

Return to Visiting Yosemite