Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Trip to yosemite, complete newby from uk

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Trip to yosemite, complete newby from uk

Postby Sara87 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:07 am

Hi,
We are planning a holiday to do the following: San Francisco to Yosemite to LA to San Diego and finally Las Vegas. This appears to be out best route??
However I am struggling with the Yosemite section. We are there for 3 days in September. I have found a place called foxes lair which seems resonable and in a good location to stay?
We want to visit glacier point, is this feasible from this location? We have a car, can we drive to foxes Lair and then from there to glacier point?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance
Sara87
First-timer
First-timer

Re: Trip to yosemite, complete newby from uk

Postby dan » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:11 am

I never heard of Foxes Lair, but I Goggled it and it seems to be in the Yosemite West, which is a small community with cabins and condos just outside of Yosemite National Park at the junction of the Glacier Point Road and Highway 41. There's no stores or restaurants at Yosemite West, so buy and bring food and groceries you need.

Yes, you can get to Glacier Point from Yosemite West in under an hour.

If you're headed to LA after that, I suggest taking Highway 41 south from Yosemite West and stopping at Mariposa Grove along the way. It's a grove of Giant Sequoias. If you're in a rush, take Highway 140 out. Both ways you end up on Highway 99 which merges into I-5 to LA and San Diego.
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby Phil » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:12 pm

I'm just going to say that I have absolutely no opinion on the subject.
Last edited by Phil on Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phil
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby AlmostThere » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:54 pm

Oops... how did you get here?
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby Phil » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:05 pm

I have no idea if I just posted wrong or it glitched out. I'm like, "wait a minute, where's my post?"

Actually, it's just my new cross referencing system that keeps people guessing on where the answer to their question is, just like predicting what the weather's going to be like in June. :roll:
Phil
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Visiting Yosemite