Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Mosquitos in the Valley

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Mosquitos in the Valley

Postby robow8 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:41 am

I'll be there labor day weekend with my 95 year old dad, and was wondering what the bugs are like/will be like in the Valley?

Thanks!
robow8
Very frequent poster
Very frequent poster

Re: Mosquitos in the Valley

Postby Phil » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:10 am

Hey robow,

They should be almost inconsequential. You know the drill; certain times of day in certain places. A little spray or lotion should take care of it completely. You'll be more swarmed and annoyed by people. 95 and headed to Yosemite... when he was born, it hadn't been too long since the Buffalo Soldiers were patrolling the park...very cool!
Phil
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Re: Mosquitos in the Valley

Postby robow8 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:49 am

Thank you Phil. I figured that they would be mostly gone by then, but wanted another voice.
When we celebrated his 95th birthday earlier this year, it was decided that our presents would be time spent with him, however. We already had this trip planned and decided to invite him and my sister. I was glad that they agreed to come. He's already been to Alaska on a cruise this year. We're not doing much; Valley floor tour on Saturday, we may drive up to Tuolumne on Sunday, Glacier point on the way out on Monday. And lots of sitting around!

We should have invited his 99 year old brother to join us!
robow8
Very frequent poster
Very frequent poster

Return to Visiting Yosemite