Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

High Sierra Camp lottery frustration

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

High Sierra Camp lottery frustration

Postby Lola » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:06 am

Hi, I am new to this forum, but not to Yosemite. I went to submit an application for an unguided hike, basically the southern loop. The first time I got an error message because I did not include a second choice for start dates ( I checked "flexible within 3 days" so did not think this was necessary. I added a second choice start date but the website would not allow me to proceed. So I exited and started over.

The second time I got to the page with the question about 2018 reservations. I answered NO and hit Submit. The button went dark but nothing else happened. The website just locked up and never acknowledged the submission or changed in any way.

Has this happened to others? Should I try again on a laptop or desktop instead of my iPad?

Also, I am leery of submitting a new application because if my submission actually did go through somehow, my new one would be a duplicate request and invalidate both of them.

Can I rely on the fact that I have not received an email acknowledging receipt of the application? As proof my previous attempt did not go through so it is safe to send another? In other words, do they automatically send an email to acknowledge that the application was received? We have entered the lottery before but that was with DNC. I am not familiar with the Aramark system ( but have seen many complaints about the General reservation system and the lottery both).

Thanks for any insight or help.
Lola
First-timer
First-timer

Return to Visiting Yosemite