Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Yosemite - Horsetail Falls/Firefall Waterfall - Amazing

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Yosemite - Horsetail Falls/Firefall Waterfall - Amazing

Postby Grzldvt » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:11 pm

I have seen pictures and read about this phenomena over the years but could never get to the Park to see it. In February, and there are years when the waterfall is not running, the sun sets and lights up this spectacular little waterfall, with just a very narrow band of light for just a few days. I was watching this year, the fall(Horsetail Falls) was gently running and Friday was going to be the best display. Off I went with a friend of mine. The park was absolutely crowded, like it was summertime, but we got in ahead of the crowd and got a great observation spot. It was simply amazing to see this happen.
Here are a couple of pics and a short video(better on full screen)

And a distant video
https://photos.google.com/u/0/share/AF1QipPlMdpw76DXuJDFAGZIFWWLq7osx-Gil-Isd8WjWr55STprQBuErHzy10qQzpRCGg/photo/AF1QipM6FTTgQ6WmlHZCPeXPEm8JQ9OnBHf5Iui_Gvg1?key=OF96T3pNRUY3LU5tMDFtZ0Zoa2YzbTR0alUzTlRn
Steve
Grzldvt
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Visiting Yosemite