Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

House Keeping Camp

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

House Keeping Camp

Postby gunks » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:43 pm

I'll be staying at the Housekeeping Camp in late September to early October. Will the rental blanket be warm enough? The "bed package" is $2.50. Is it $2.50 per day? I read that the mattress is really firm. Do I need a mattress pad to make it more comfortable? Thanks.
gunks
First-timer
First-timer

Re: House Keeping Camp

Postby dan » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:45 am

The bed package is $2.50 per package, not per day (unless you want a new package each day). They hand it to you during check-in--you make the beds.

Here's some pictures of a Housekeeping Camp camp (click on "photo gallery"):
http://www.yosemitepark.com/Accommodati ... gCamp.aspx

It's been awhile since I stayed there--don't remember the matress firmness. It's usually freezing at night that time of year (although not yet), so I would bring extra blankets just in case. Bring warm clothes too.
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Visiting Yosemite