Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

One more time on the 80's bear mascot I have a picture

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

One more time on the 80's bear mascot I have a picture

Postby Ed-Otero » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:32 pm

I need a little help everybody. I really need the little guys name. I'm told they sold the buttons and a shirt with the logo.

My wife used to vist Yosemite back in the 80's with her folks. She had a stuffed bear that they got her there, which she says was the mascot for the park at the time.

The bear is long gone, and I want to replace it for her, but the problem is she does not remember his name.

All I have is the pin she has with the picture of the bear she got at the same time. If anybody knows his name, please let me know I would really appriciate it.

Here is a picture of the cute little guy

Ed-Otero

Postby Wickett » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:03 pm

Try the Yosemite area forums also. A lot of the people on that forum have lived in the area for a while.

http://www.yosemitearea.com/forums/
Wickett
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby Wickett » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:29 pm

I was there this weekend and asked several park employees who worked there during the 80's and none of them could remember the name of the bear. Sorry.
Wickett
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

We have a maybe answer

Postby Ed-Otero » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:10 pm

Somebody that was around in those days suggested MAYBE Elmer!!! Does this strike anybody as a maybe?
Ed-Otero

Return to Visiting Yosemite